Belton House

Belton House

Belton is an Anglo-Dutch Restoration house built in the last years of Charles II’s reign. The house was designed by the gentleman-architect William Winde and built between 1685 – 1688. It is H-shaped with honey-coloured symmetrical facades crowned by a cupola. A broad flight of steps leads up to a pedimented entrance front which is offset by the steeply pitched roof with domestic dormer windows.