Hambleton, Oakham, Rutland LE15 8TH, United Kingdom
From Monday, 12th April until 5th July (at the earliest) the A6003, Uppingham to Oakham road will be closed.
This will affect those of you traveling from areas around Leicester, Market Harborough, Uppingham, Corby & Kettering and all surrounding villages. Other approaches are not affected.
The best directions will be:
- From the Uppingham roundabout on the A47 take the A6003 towards Oakham.
- At the top of the steep hill turn right signposted to Manton & Edith Weston.
- Continue along this round, keeping Ruland Water on your left, until you reach the A606 Stamford to Oakham road. Turn left towards Empingham.
- Once on the main road pass through Empingham, Whitwell, Barnsdale heading towards Oakham.
- At the bottom of the Barnsdale hill take the left hand turn signposted to Hambleton village.
This will add about 25 minutes to your expected journey time but please call 01572 756991 should you need directing in.
From London (2-3 hours)
Swiss Cottage and Finchley Road lead you to the A1 northbound.
Use M4, M25 and A1.
From Scotland and the North west
M6 to exit 40 then A66 to Scotch Corner and A1 south.
Stick to the A1 until you see the exit “A606 Oakham” which is approximately 90 miles north of central London. Follow the Oakham road through the villages of Empingham and Whitwell. 8.4 miles after leaving the A1, turn left, signposted “Hambleton Hall”.
Continue straight on into the village of Hambleton. Drive through the village, past The Finch’s Arms pub, until you see the Hotel sign on your right.
Follow signs “Stamford A606” approximately half a mile from Oakham you will see a right turn signposted “Hambleton Hall”.
From Bath area
Use the Fosseway via Stow on the Wold to Lutterworth then Market Harborough, Rockingham, Uppingham, Oakham.
Fast services to Peterborough and Kettering from London, Kings Cross and St. Pancras (50 minutes approx.), 30 minutes by taxi from station to hotel or branch line from Peterborough to Oakham about 2 trains per hour.
East Midlands Airport (1hour by car) serves many British and European Airports. Stansted and Luton can also be convenient (1.5 hours by car).