We encourage you to take over the whole house for a special occasion and enjoy the creativity and service we have to offer. Ideal for birthdays, anniversaries, board meetings and executive retreats, Hambleton Hall excels at making every guest feel incredibly well looked after.
The dining room seats 60 guests on mixed tables or 30 on one long table. The house sleeps 17 individuals or couples sharing.
Naturally your event will be unique so general manager Chris Hurst and restaurant director Graeme Matheson expect to discuss your requirements in great detail with you so they can develop a bespoke proposal. After which we will liaise closely with chef Aaron Patterson so he can design the perfect menus for your day and evening. Hambleton Hall has the longest retained Michelin star in the country, which coupled with Rutland’s rich supply of excellent quality produce means you can expect outstanding food. Special diets and preferences are always well considered and provided for. Resident sommelier Dominique Baduel will also be involved to assist you with wine choices if you wish.
On the ground floor of the house the entrance hall leads into the bar, the drawing room, the private dining room and the main dining room which both lead onto the terrace. This provides a comfortable flow of movement for your guests to mingle for a cocktail reception, enjoy drinks on the terrace overlooking the lake, a gala dinner and dancing. The Study is also available to you for the entertainers to use, or any other purpose. To see how the rooms connect and for dimensions and capacities, please see this PDF.
When you are ready to retire 15 bedrooms in the house and 2 in the adjacent the Croquet Suite will be turned down in preparation. Personalised turn down gifts are popular, and we will be delighted to make suggestions and deliver these discreetly before your guests return to their rooms.
"I brought a party for dinner on Saturday 3rd November to celebrate my 65th birthday and I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed the whole experience. We got a very warm welcome from everyone right from our arrival through drinks in the bar and then dinner in the library. The tasting menu and accompanying wines were superb; indeed a couple of our friends thought it was the best tasting menu they had ever had. All of our guests were quite effusive in their praise so well done to the whole team and we will definitely come again one day"
Ian Hamilton, Nov 2018
Private hire is from 3pm on the day of arrival until 12pm noon the next day and includes:
• Dedicated events planner in the planning stages and during the event
• 15 individual rooms and 1 two-bedroom suite
• Michelin-starred meals of tea on the day of arrival, dinner and breakfast the next morning
• Lunch is an optional extra for the day of departure depending on your plans
• Private dining room and the study
• The lobby, bar and drawing room
• Bespoke food and beverage offering to suit your requirements
• Personalised menus, table plan and place cards
• Morning newspaper and wifi
• Private parking for 30 cars
• A full complement of staff in the restaurant, lounge, bar, kitchen, housekeeping and front office
• Beautifully landscaped gardens including the terrace, the parterre and the meadows leading down to the lake
• Helicopter landing spot
• The swimming pool and changing room
• The tennis court and rackets
• Valet parking
• House flowers
• Bottled water in all guestrooms
• Turn down service
Prices start from £21,000 inc vat + service charge all year round. However, every event is unique and we look forward to discussing your plans with you so we may create a bespoke quotation for you. We politely remind you that we operate a two-night minimum booking when staying on a Saturday.